Canyoneering Cikondang Waterfall

     All pics are taken by photographer and drone by Paracora team. 


CANYONEERING, CIKONDANG WATERFALL, 7 May 2022 

After 2 years being caged by the pandemic, this was my first trip, I was very excited and nervous. And it made stay awake the whole night. At 2 am, I gave up, and prepared to leave the house to the meeting point. This trip is also one of explorer.id’s trip and it was in my bucket list long time ago. 

At 4:45 am, we started our journey to Cikondang Waterfall, due to the Eid Mubarak’s holiday, the traffic was really bad. After a long journey, finally we arrived at the destination around 2 pm. We were served by a simple lunch box but quite appetizing.

After lunch, we prepared our equipment, everything already been prepared by the team, you don’t have to bring anything except the change of clothes. The harness, arm and leg pads, hat, google, gloves and shoes, all of these already included in the activity, no additional charges. If you want to look different and cool, you can bring your own gloves and shoes. In my case, my feet and hands are too small, I used my own shoes and gloves. Before we went to the waterfall, the instructor began to explain how to do it correctly. The activity is going down through the waterfall. It takes around 10 minutes. And for the last warning, the instructor told me, not to let the harness on my stomach too tight, or I will throw out. Usually there are only 2 conditions, throw out or shit on your pants. I began to feel anxious, I just had lunch a few minutes ago and I haven’t gone to the restroom.

I was the fifth person in my group, before me there were a few ladies in their 50s, I was embarrassed, they are braver than me, no complaining no whining, not like me who was scared and thinking that I might throw up or shit my pants (haha). 

Me, in action😁

 Also me, in struggling.

Eventually I finished it. Lost balance a few times, got water into both of my ears, all wet but nothing bad happened. It's fun and the experience is worth to try. Actually we can try as many times as possible before 4 pm, but it was very late when we finished, almost 4 pm, the sky was cloudy and the water was cooler. after changing clothes, we all headed back to Jakarta.


The History Behind Canyoneering

Cikondang waterfall is located in Sukadana Village, Cianjur, West Java. You can come here for sight-seeing or camping, not for canyoneering. Just buy the ticket for Rp 5,000,- at the entrance. 

Before 2015, less people knew about Cikondang waterfall, and the one who publicize it is Mr. Eko, he is also the founder and pioneer of Paracora, a group for people who love adventure in nature. Cikondang Waterdall is one of their exploration. And because of it's height (35 m), beautiful view and easier to reach by car, in 2014, Mr. Eko and the team proposed to the local government to publicizing it. In 2015, Cikondang Waterfall was open legally for public for adrenaline activity.

Paracora team and Mr. Ridwan Kamil.

All of the support in this activity are part of Paracora team. Many thanks to them, without them, there will be no canyoneering activity.

 A participant on first track.

There are 3 tracks for canyoneering, the first and the second ones are for beginner, less water. The third one is in middle of the waterfall, more challenging.

Third track, shorter track 30 m, but more challenging
Third track, you can go down alone or with friends.
Also third track, alone.

Beside canyoneering, you can try wall climbing in West Bandung, Mount Hawu, 40 m height. And rope jump at Citarum river. 

Wall Climbing activity, 40 m height.
        

Rope Jump activity.
The view is Citarum River.

For making reservation at least 6 people, minimum age is 12 years old and maximum weight is 100 kg.

The activity starts from 10 am to 4 pm, available on weekdays and weekend.

For Canyoneering:  RP 300,000,-/person for local, foreigner Rp 350,000,-/person

For Wall Climbing :RP 270,000,-/person for local, foreigner Rp 320,000,-/person

For Rope Jump : Rp 285,000,-/person for local, foreigner Rp 335,000,-/person

From these 3 activities, canyoneering is the most welcome one especially girls.

Notes

It’s a very challenging activity, I suggest for the ones who want to try it, first of all, eat 2 hours before the activity, come early in the morning on sunny day when the water still warm. These can help you to avoid catching cold. For the last but not least, thank you to Mr Eko and the team who already provided the information and pictures for this article. See you again in another trip!

Comments

Popular Posts